We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. This policy is subject to EMS’s professional obligations and the Solicitors Code of Conduct as amended or replaced from time to time.
By giving your consent, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (as defined below), the data controller is Elvin Moore & Partners, a partnership whose principal place of business is at 92, Main Street, East Leake, Loughborough LE12 6PG.
Our nominated representative, as Data Protection Officer for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation is Ellen Nightingale.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by the Site when you visit certain parts of the Site and/or when you use certain features of the Site.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Protection Legislation: up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
(a) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
(b) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation.
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
● What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
● What organisation is collecting the information;
● How the information is used;
● With whom the information may be shared;
● What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
● What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under EMP’s control;
● How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
● How you can request the information we process and store to be removed.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms and our website
We may update and change these terms and our website from time to time for a variety of reasons. By way of examples: to reflect changes to the services we offer, user’s needs, regulatory or legal requirements. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were updated on 1 March 2018.
Children under the age of 18
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. We will not knowingly accept any data from a person who is under the age of 18 years.
Information We Collect from you
We will collect and process the following information:
● technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
● information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
● if you complete our enquiry form we collect your name and other contact details.
Use of your information
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
● to provide services to you;
● to provide information about our business or services which may be of interest to you;
● to develop services;
● to notify you of changes to our services;
● to understand our customer requirements and preferences, perform analysis and comparisons;
● to administer and update our website to ensure it runs smoothly on your hardware;
● to perform market research or analysis on customer preferences or trends.
Please also see below under “Cookies”.
Where we store your personal data
● All information you provide to us is stored on WordPress. We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt the data on the Site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
● We take all reasonable organisation and technical steps to ensure that the information you supply to us over the internet is secure.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
● You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you submit an enquiry form on the Site, you give your consent to EMS contacting you for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites. if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
● You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on email@example.com
● You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
● You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your information with any third parties except with your express consent, subject to:
● our professional obligations of confidentiality as set out in our professional code of conduct from time to time;
● any order of the court or regulatory body;
● our statutory obligations.
All Cookies used by EMS on the Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
● Strictly Necessary Cookies – A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of the Site, supporting functions such as logging in.
● Analytics Cookies – it is important for EMS to understand how you use the Site. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping EMS to improve the site and your experience of it.
● Functionality Cookies – enable us to provide additional functions to you on the Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
● Persistent Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit the Site.
● Session Cookies – any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit the Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies aren’t deleted when you close your browser, to delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using the website.
In addition to the controls that EMS provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please access the help menu in your internet browser.